Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Measurement Test

HONESTLY, I found the measurement test to be quite difficult. The test included dimensional analysis, a bit from Nomenclature, and a lot about significant digits. Remember that with significant digits, multiplication/division and addition/subtraction have different rules, and they can be difficult to follow when there is a large problem concerning the order of operations. Also, with dimensional analysis, be careful when you have a measured amount. I ran into trouble last night because I was rounding when I shouldn't have been on my Last Meal Conversion Project, and when you're using specific amounts, as in a recipe, you can't make things up. Make sure you're careful, and I'm praying for everyone else that says they also struggled with the exam today.

5 comments:

  1. i agree! it was really hard and it felt like i knew some of the material but i would get confused with all the rules of adding, subtracting, and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree! it was really hard and it felt like i knew some of the material but i would get confused with all the rules of adding, subtracting, and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had completely forgotten about the significant digits in the cooking conversions! the test is a lot easier when you split up each part one aft a time. That helped me get through it quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had completely forgotten about the significant digits in the cooking conversions! the test is a lot easier when you split up each part one aft a time. That helped me get through it quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also found the test to be harder than expected. Especially with all the conversion problems. Those took me a really long time and I had to stay a little after class ended to finish the test! I will definitely study harder next time.

    ReplyDelete